The Youth Union of Uzbekistan is a non–profit non-governmental organization formed by individuals in its organizational and legal form as a union uniting the youth of Uzbekistan in order to form a physically healthy, spiritually mature and intellectually developed, free-thinking young generation; to protect young people from external threats and the negative influence of "mass culture"; to provide comprehensive support in the protection of legal and the legitimate interests of young people and the creation of favorable conditions for them. The main goal of the Union is to involve young people in taking an active part in deepening democratic, political and economic reforms carried out in the country, in strengthening peace and harmony in society; contributing to the process of Uzbekistan's accession to the developed countries of the world; as well as ensuring effective protection of the rights, legitimate interests and freedoms of the younger generation, increasing spiritual and professional culture of boys and girls, providing support in the realization of their intellectual and creative potential.
The main tasks of the Union:
• formation of harmoniously developed, free-thinking youth with a clear life position and firm beliefs, able to take a worthy place in society and participate in the development of the country, which can become a decisive force and support in the processes of renewal; increase their legal literacy and legal consciousness;
• education of young people, in particular, unorganized youth in spiritual and moral terms and in the spirit of military patriotism, the formation of their awareness of historical memory, national pride and self-knowledge, involvement in events, a sense of respect for national and universal values;
• protection of the rights and legitimate interests of young people, support of their aspirations in mastering modern professions, involvement in entrepreneurial activity;
• supporting talented young men and women, creating conditions for them to realize their creative and intellectual abilities, as well as attracting them to scientific activities;
• formation of a healthy lifestyle and ecological culture among young people, in particular unorganized youth, active involvement in regular physical education and sports;
• protecting young people, especially unorganized youth, from the influence of religious extremist and destructive organizations, from the negative impact and threats introduced from the outside under the guise of "mass culture", carrying out work among young people on the prevention of offenses and crimes, assisting in the prevention of their commission. Legal entities and individuals may become members of the Union on the basis of the provision set out in the Charter. Namely, citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan and stateless persons permanently residing in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan, who have expressed a desire to support the goals of the Union, who have reached the age of 14, but not older than 30, can become members of the Union. In particular, non-governmental non-profit organizations in the field of youth direction, enterprises, institutions and organizations of the youth sector, as well as other legal entities whose constituent documents do not contradict the goals, objectives and program documents of the Charter of the Union can become members of the Union.
The governing bodies of the Union are:
• Central Council;
• Executive Committee of the Central Council;
• Central Control and Audit Commission.
The structure of the Union includes:
• Central Office of the Union;
• Regional structures of the Union;
• Local structures of the Union;
• Primary organizations of the Union;
• Enterprises, organizations and institutions attached to the Union, including mass media. In addition, Kamalak branches have been organized under the Union and its divisions, which will function in the children's direction. They are part of the Union and its separate divisions.